Thursday, July 12, 2007

Zucchini, Zucchini, Zucchini


Yet another exciting day here in PA. We are enjoying fresh veggies from the garden. We have zucchini coming out of our ears, so I have been doing my best to come up with zucchini recipes to keep everyone happy. Here is the recipe I use for zucchini bread. My kids love it, and I think the lemon peel taste oh so yummy and fresh.


Zucchini bread




1 1/2 C all purpose flour

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1 C sugar or (try 1/2 c honey)

1 C finely shredded unpeeled zucchini

1/4 C cooking oil

1 egg

1/4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel (Yum)

1/2 C walnuts (optional)


In mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. In another mixing bowl combine sugar, shredded zucchini, cooking oil, egg, and lemon peel. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stir just till combined. Stir in chopped walnuts (if using).


Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 in loaf pan. (if you only grease half way up the side of the loaf pan the bread seems to turn out nicer on the top) bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 min. Cool for 10 min. on a wire rack. remove from loaf pan.


My kids usually dig right in, but my husband likes his cold, soooooo his piece goes into the fridge for a bit.



The kids are all doing well. Brianne wrote her first book. I am so very proud of her. I have been putting the kids down for "quiet time" everyday at 1pm and this is how she got started. She then spent the rest of the afternoon writting and drawing pictures. She is also helping Brayden write the words for her book as well. Brenna is much happier just being outside or playing. Although I do catch her reading every now and then. Brody just wants to be rough and run around. Both him and Brecken are covered with scrapes, and bumps from running into each other or the ground. I am still learning how to deal with boys, but they sure are fun. And little Bryleigh.........Oh what can I say, it is so fun having a new baby in the house again. With their little sounds, and her beautiful soft skin and baby smell. I don't know if one ever gets over that wonderful smell.......Anyway, I guess that is all for today. I will do my best to come up with another zucchini recipe for tomorrow, as I have two 4pounders sitting on my kitchen counter right now.......

No comments:

Shop at amazon.com for groceries....

Quote of the Day