Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just for today.....




Brody (4) Brianne (10)



Well we are celebrating another birthday today. Our Brody is turning 4. It has been a fun week of baking, sharing, learning and gifts. They say a photo says a thousand words. So I will let the ones above speak for themselves. Also "yeah" for the Chocolate Loaf Cake and thank you Nigella Lawson "How to be a domestic goddess". It was the best Chocolate cake I have ever had. My husband agreed, and since I baked two, we get to enjoy another slice with the festivities today.



I don't know about you but sometimes I loose my patience. I was pretty much an only child growing up, and I see things living with my 6 children that I had no idea went on in families. Our home on most days is pleasant, but chaotic. There are little tiny toys here and there, I feel like I pick the same ones up hourly........My son keeps peeling little tiny pieces of wallpaper off the wall as he is coming down the stairs, now mind you we live in an old Pennsylvania farmhouse and I can't say that I like the wallpaper, but I like it less half stripped off in places. There are stains on my carpets, and I literally need to mop my floors everyday. Some days I am exhausted and cranky to say the least. I yell, rant and rave as I storm through the house. Thinking that I am the only one who ever does anything. I am certainly not setting a good example. I read something recently that has given me a bit of an attitude adjustment, so I thought I would share it here with you. And I pray that it will bless you as it has done me. I am new to blogging, so you will have to forgive me. I want to give credit where credit is due, but I am still learning how to link things, so bear with me. This was written by JR Miller D.D. It is from pg. 13 of his pamphlet "Secrets of a happy home life." This pamphlet can be found at http://www.jr-miller.com/ you can read it in its entirety there.....


"Patience is another lesson in learning to live happily together at home. The children of a family have not all the same tastes. It is very easy to fall into the habit of criticizing each other. We know how nearly Martha spoiled her home happiness, and her sister’s also, by criticism. Criticism never fosters affection; you never loved any one better for criticizing you. Usually the best service we can do to a brother or sister is to live a sweet, patient, beautiful, Christly life ourselves, leaving to God the fashioning of their lives. If they are true Christians, He is teaching them and putting His own image on their souls. We might mar this divine work by our criticism.
Suppose you went into an artist’s studio and saw a picture at which he had been working for months, yet unfinished; would you, not being an artist, take up his brush and begin to put touches here and there on the canvas? Each life of husband or wife, child, brother or sister, in your home is a picture which God is painting, and which is yet unfinished. Beware that you mar not His work! So let us be patient with one another at home. We all have our faults, we all make mistakes – but we can help each other more by loving patience, than by scathing criticism."

I think that is enough said. I am living today not as the artist, but as the unfinished piece of art. I too will patiently wait for God to add his divine work to my soul, so that I may live as a christly example for my children. Just for today....I will be unafraid, especially I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love and to believe that those I love, love me ......

No comments:

Shop at amazon.com for groceries....

Quote of the Day